This blog will be mainly focused on my own experiences with computers and software. Both I am using now purely as a user and hobbyist. Also I comment on interesting news about ICT, privacy and combinations of both. In deze blog zal het voornamelijk gaan over ervaringen met computers en software waar ik tegenwoordig alleen nog hobbymatig mee bezig ben en mijn commentaar op imo interessante nieuwsberichten op het gebied van ICT, privacy en de combinatie van beide.

vrijdag 5 augustus 2011

Linus Torvalds dubs GNOME 3 'unholy mess'

The Register has the word that Linus Torvald really do not like Gnome 3 and for certain he is not the only one. Adding new functionality to the desktop is fine of course but deleting much used old functionality is not really a good idea. Linus uses some stronger language then that. He has now XFCE as his main windowmanager which I too installed on my laptop and netbook. For my main system I stay with Gnome 2 because I use Ubuntu 10.04 LTS which will be supported for another two years now. After that we will see what happens maybe Wayland/Unity has matured somewhat more by then.

Geen opmerkingen:

Zoeken in deze blog